Thank you for visiting the TradeTraining website. TradeTraining is an online portal that promotes South African exports. In support of this objective, the TradeTraining website occasionally collects business or personal information from our users. We do not collect this type of information without the voluntary consent of the site visitor. The main purpose of this policy is to inform our visitors that you have rights that all business or personal information provided to TradeTraining is on a voluntary basis, and that information provided will be protected as far as possible.
Specific privacy issues
TradeTraining takes the issue of privacy very seriously, including user interactions with its website.
Some data is collected automatically about users, including:
- Standard machine identity details, as is normal and necessary when a user interacts with a website and server; and
- Clickstream data on the nature of a user’s visit to the site, including server address, user’s upper domain category (eg: .com, .org, .za, .at, uk, etc), date and time of the visit, the path taken to the TradeTraining site (eg: through a search engine or link at another site), and pages accessed, route taken through the site, searches performed, and documents down-loaded.
When a user provides information to TradeTraining through the website, such as registering online for a seminar, making a purchase, or registering for a particular service, TradeTraining;
- Does not collect any unnecessary information, nor distribute the information externally without the user’s knowledge or consent, nor collect any information without the user’s knowledge or consent
- Attempts to store infomation as securely as possible and does not allow access to this information by external parties unless required by law (for example, if the infomation is subject to a warrant or subpoena).
Any information collected is used solely by authorised TradeTraining staff for the purposes of:
- Analysing the effectiveness of the website to improve its usefulness and service;
- Processing electronic transactions;
- Checking and registering of companies for TradeTraining events and/or services; and/or
- Processing a request or feedback by a user.
Security, intrusion, and detection
Unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage to our website, are strictly prohibited and may be result in legal action.
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.